I am taking a different path today – usually I talk all about project management and CRM implementations. However I thought I would share how to create a personal view because I needed a new one the other day to show the pre-tax amount on quotes not just the extended amount.
When I provide my forecast to the board I also show it in pre-tax amounts so I find it really frustrating not having that in the default quote view. So here is a simple change you can do to the Out of the Box Quote view
These are the steps:1. Navigate to Quotes - press the View tab and then select New Personal View
2. It will open this view and we will press Edit Columns
3. When we see this view we want to select “Add Columns” and then select the additional detail you want to see on your personal view – in this example “Total Detail Amount” is the CRM pre-tax field on the quote
4. Press OK
6. Press Results:
7. The view will then appear:
8. To save this as a new personal view you need to return to the “Advanced Find´ tab and select “Save As” - You can give it a meaningful name and description and press “OK”
9. Now when you return to your Quotes view you can press the drop down arrow on the tab and you will be able to select your new personal view. To keep it on the view you need to press the PIN icon so that is faces down.
As I said this is a very simple example and you can create much more complex personal view by creating criteria within advanced find and then following the same steps to save it just for you.