Recently, I had to modify an out of the box business process flow in Dynamics 365 called Phone to Case. I added another field as a step in one of the stages. The version of Dynamics 365 instance I used was 8.2.
After the changes were made, I ran into following issues:
This is an out of the box issue and can be seen in other Dynamics 365 instances which have same version number.
By looking at the messages from the first two log files, we figured out that Similar Cases step from Research stage, and Resolve Case step from Resolve stage were causing all these issues. By removing these two steps, above issues were solved. But there is a cost to it, we cannot use Similar Case and Resolve Case steps in Phone to Case BPF.